Thursday, December 14, 2006

Not not trying becomes not not not not trying?

My hubby came home the other night and nochalantly announce that he was ready for me to have a baby. Followed up with a, "So do we have anything in the fridge, or do you want to try that new place?"

Huh, what?

Let me back up, as I have mentioned a few times here, in this my new blog -- AKA where-I-can-tell-the secerets-I-am-afraid-to-admit-elsewhere -- we are officially not not trying. What is involved in not not trying you asks? Well its a simple recipe of:
  • 1 cup of no more birth control
  • 2 TBS of we aren't getting any younger
  • A Pinch of if not now, when
Stir together with a fanatically reading of Mommy blogs to prepare for the impending loss of sleep, independance. Bake for 28ish days until you erupt in tears unsure if you are really ready for this.
Repeat
The not not trying was really for me. My husband has dreams of becoming a tan old man, playing golf, flying airplanes, living the good life in Boca Raton. He has no tick-tock biological clock. Stop bc? Ok, sure. Quit my job if it happens? As long as we can pay the bills, ok.


And now this. What does one do with this? Do I scurry into action and chart every bodily function like some giant science experiment? Do I post every detail of my sex life in hopes discovering some sort of pattern? Do I have a glass of wine with dinner, worried that an alien being has taken up residence in my business?

Help!

No comments: