Monday, December 04, 2006

MIA

So I know I have been missing in action as of late. Here is the thing: We got a puppy. See....




... but here is the other thing: She is a LOT OF WORK!!!

Don't get me wrong; I really enjoy it. She is goofy and cute and warm and cuddly when she falls asleep on you lap. But then you want to get up and, oh I don't know, get like one thing done, she wakes up and looks at you and whimpers and cries until you put her back on your lap. And then at night, well she doesn’t let you sleep much.

Enough of the Negative Nancy. Really it’s fun. And it’s getting better. Here’s where I get scared, my husband and I are trying to have kids.

… There I said it. I think it’s the first time I put it in writing. I’ve been off the pill for a few months and its not that we are so much trying – we are “not not trying” And so I have spent the last few months coming to terms with this Mommy concept. (that is about 10 posts to itself) And now I have a puppy and I am questioning all that coming to terms business. If a couple months of puppieness is driving me nuts, who am I to even consider signing up for 18 years of parenthood.

A friend with three young daughters and no pets said the other day, “A puppy, I had one for 12 hours once. They are way harder at first than kids. Babies have diapers and can’t run away from you. No one ever says their baby chewed up their sofa.” Is she right? Or is she just trying to make me feel better?

No comments: